At Gosbecks Primary School we want everyone to get the best out of every school day but to make sure this happens you must come to school every day and try very hard not to be late.
You need to be in school at 8.45 a.m. If you are late, you will miss the start of the school day and might not know what to do.
Coming to school every day means you will not miss out on anything!
- You will see your friends
- Learn new things
- Be able to join in with activities
- Have fun at clubs
- Go on school trips
- You will be kept busy, so you won’t get bored
Not coming to school means you will miss out!
- You won’t get to see your friends
- You might fall behind in your learning
- You might miss fun things like school trips, sports days, or celebrations
- You might also get bored and not sleep very well
- Your friends and your class teacher will miss you if you are not here
If you are not feeling very well your parents will know whether you are well enough to come to school and if they think you are too ill, they will telephone the school to let us know.
If you are feeling just a little bit tired or just a little unwell then we would really like you to come to school, if you feel really unwell at any time during the day you may need to go home so we will ask your parents to come and get you.
You must never stay at home on a school day unless there is a very good reason.
Staying at home because:
- You are going shopping
- It’s your birthday
- You are helping your parents
- You are too tired because you had a late night
- You are going on holiday
- You had an argument with a friend
All of these are not good reasons to miss school and your attendance will be affected.
We all get a little bit worried about something sometimes but please remember that we are always here to help you with any worries you may have.
Our school is a happy, safe, fun place to be, and we hope you enjoy being here as much as we enjoy having you here!