Find out about Healthy Living and School Meals in Essex
FREE SCHOOL MEALS IN ESSEX
Are you receiving one of the following benefits?
- income support or income-based Job Seekers Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit;
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
If so, and your child is in KS2 (years 3, 4, 5 or 6) click here to apply to Essex County Council for free school meals.
If your child is in Reception, year 1 or year 2 (KS1), your child is already eligible for free school meals. All you need to do is give your dinner order in to the office by 8.55am on the Thursday morning of the previous week.
Click here to see further information on the benefits of receiving free school meals.
You may not know that at Gosbecks:
- Our cooking process is staggered throughout the lunchtime to ensure food is freshly cooked, whether your child eats at 12 noon or 1.30pm.
- Most items are made and prepared on the premises.
- Meat is supplied by Perrins, the Butcher in Parr Drive.
- Fruit and Vegetables are supplied by Burgess of Old Heath Road.
- Salad is available every day with at least 5 choices available.
- Jacket Potatoes with a choice of filling are offered every day.
- Roast Dinner is on the menu once a week.
- Fresh Bread is offered every day.
- Fresh Fruit, a Fruit Smoothie or a Yoghurt are an option for dessert every day.
- Any children with allergies or other dietary needs are catered for on an individual basis.
- Taster items are regularly available with sticker awards for children who are willing to try them.
- Fine Dining Awards are given out with treats for the lucky selected winners.
- Our Midday Assistants keep a caring eye on all children – if your child does not eat well at school, we will let you know.